I am delighted and honored to have been nominated for a Liebster award, by Forth Generation Farm Girl. I’ve only been blogging for two months, but I’ve already connected with so many interesting and lovely people. It came as such a wonderful surprise, and I’m so excited to accept. Forth Generation Farm Girl was nominated by Edwina’s Episodes
There are certain rules associated with the Liebster Award, and after doing some research, these are the main points to follow:
1: Acknowledge and accept the Liebster Award by leaving a comment on the blog where you were nominated.
2: Copy and paste the Liebster logo onto your own blog.
3: Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
4: Answer the 11 questions put to you by the person who nominated you.
5: List 11 random facts about yourself.
6: Nominate and link to 3—11 other blogs you enjoy that have less than 3000 followers
7: List 11 questions for your Liebster Award nominees on your blog.
8: Inform your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.
Here are the 11 questions I was asked:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging as a way to record the Creative Writing pieces and exercises that I write as part of the Open University English Literature degree that I’m studying. Since starting the blog, I’ve come across some very interesting people and subject matter.
2. When do you produce your best work?
I work full time, so most of my work is produced in the evening and at the weekend. I don’t really have a best time, as such; the best time is probably when I’m not tired, and therefore able to concentrate fully.
3. Name something that annoys you?
Tins in my cupboard that don’t have the labels showing: my daughter does the exact same thing, much to the annoyance of her mother.
4. What makes you happy?
When I get lost in a film or book and the time seems to disappear. Oh and 4pm on Friday afternoon (end of the work week).
5. If you could live in a different era, which one would you choose and why?
To be honest I’m glad that I was born in the era I was (1970s) because the early part of the twentieth-century (and earlier) – despite all of the scientific, technological, sociological and cultural advances – was a time of much greater hardship and war.
6. What is your biggest regret?
We all have some regrets, but on the whole I believe in Edith Piaf’s mantra: “Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien,” or in English, “No, I regret nothing”! The past is history and I believe that we learn and improve from experiences, both good and bad.
7. What other talents do you have?
I’m a determined person who is able to see a task through to completion. I’m honest and trustworthy and expect other people to be the same (sometimes they aren’t).
8. What is your biggest achievement?
I took part in the Comrades Marathon in 1998 and completed the 56-mile distance in just less than 11 hours. The second biggest achievement is completing this Liebster Award questionnaire J
9. Sunshine or snow?
Sunshine all the way! Nothing puts me in a great mood like the sun all around me. Being able to sit and relax in the sun and have a few beers is a great way to put things back into perspective.
10. What is your biggest vice?
Heroine! Only kidding: I have a really sweet tooth, so I would say the following, but, in no particular order: sweets, cakes, chocolate and ice cream (I’m trying to be good, as my dentist doesn’t approve)
11. What is your favorite film?
The Godfather Part2
11 Random Facts About Me!
1. I have to have the labels on tins facing outwards, so that I can see them. I’ve experimented with placing them in my cupboard in any order, but it failed miserably.
2. I love Bourbon and sweets/toffees, but will settle for crisps (chips), peanuts and anything else that generally tastes great, but isn’t good for the waistline.
3. I eat the edges of a pie, then the top, before finally eating the filling and base.
4. I hate to fail and can be quite competitive.
5. I really admire anyone who achieves something, or completes something that is out of the ordinary.
6. I’m quite a shy person, but I hide it well with a tough exterior; many of the people I know assume I’m confident.
7. My favourite book is Germinal by Emile Zola.
8. My most treasured possession is my Macbook Pro.
9. I Would like to have dinner with a famous author
10. I’m nearly always warm, but my hands are often cold.
11. Persimmon is my favourite type of fruit; I only discovered it last year … all that wasted time (and yes, they are lovely and sweet).
I am nominating the following blogs for a Liebster Award. These are blogs that I always enjoy and find interesting:
These are your 11 questions:
1. Why did you start to blog?
2. What is your earliest memory?
3. Who has been your greatest influence?
4. What is your favorite film?
5. Which phrase do you most overuse?
6. What makes you happy?
7. What disturbs you?
8. Who would you most like to come to dinner?
9. What is your favorite book?
10. What is your most treasured possession?
11. What would most improve the quality of your life?
Thank you so much Sean